Thursday, May 24, 2007

Who is she?

Last night I got the blog started again, but today...I tried to fix it up the way I really wanted it. Now...I can get down to business.

So who is this blogger?

Well, for the long run I am going to try to remain anonymous, but until that has to change...here are some odd ball and random facts about me.

  • The title of my blog...Singing is not my hobby...is a quote that a friend of mine uses all the time. As she was saying it yesterday, I decided that is the perfect title. Singing is not my hobby.
  • I am a graduate of a state university system. I grew up in New York, but I chose not to attend school in New York.
  • I have been struggling for 7 years to find a good teacher who has been there and has some technique. I have found her and she is God sent.
  • I am older than the norm diving into the throws of a career. I had a lot of technical issues along the way. I just ran on pure talent for a long time, eventually you run into trouble.
  • I come from a musical family. There are musicians in every generation. I am the only one in my generation who has chosen this to be their career.
  • As a child I worked in the two big opera houses in Lincoln Center. People laugh when I say that...but it was a job. I have proof...lol. I am on two videos and after saving that money...it paid for a semester in college.
  • I learn music rather quickly and pride myself on that.
  • I absolutely adore singing contemporary music.
  • My passions don't just include music. I love to read and shop.
That is enough for the moment. As time goes on, I know that my kinks and winks will come through and you will see all of who i am.

No comments: